First chance to see Roger Federer at Laver Cup Open Practice
World-class tennis and some of the biggest names in the sport are heading to Geneva for the Laver Cup later this month.
Fans will have the chance to see these superstars of the sport, including Switzerland’s own Roger Federer, in action at the stunning purpose-built arena at a special Open Practice and Fan Zone preview on Thursday 19 September.
“I’m looking forward to welcoming the fans to our first Laver Cup Open Practice, and giving them a chance to have a first look at the amazing arena we’ve built at Palexpo,” Roger Federer said.
“It will be great to have lots of kids and families in the crowd while we have our final hit. I’m sure it will be a great atmosphere and I know we’ll all have a lot of fun.”
Federer and his Team Europe compatriots, along with the players from Team World, will have their final hit outs, both on Center Court, and the purpose-built practice court in the Fan Zone, as they hone their games for the weekend of competition.
- Date: Thursday 19 September
- Fan Zone preview: 12.00pm to 5.00pm
- Open Practice: 12.00 to 3.00pm
- Tickets: 20 CHF via www.ticketcorner.ch
The spectacular Laver Cup Fan Zone, the biggest ever staged at Geneva’s Palexpo, will also be open to the public from Friday September 20 through to Sunday, September 22 from 10am daily.
Tickets are available for just 10 francs per day for children up to 12 years and 15 francs per day for adults. Some of the Fan Zone features include:
- See the Laver Cup players warming up on the purpose-built Laver Cup black practice court
- Giant LED Screen to catch all the on-court action
- The International Tennis Hall of Fame interactive gallery featuring the history of the game and celebrating the legends
- Photo opportunities with the magnificent Laver Cup Trophy
- Mini tennis courts hosted by Swiss Tennis to test tennis skills and measure service speed
- Food and beverage options from an array of top local food trucks and restaurants, including Asian and Italian offerings, and a variety of bars
- Official Laver Cup merchandise, including Team Europe and Team World apparel, will be available at the Fan Zone