Laver Cup Fan Zone open to the public
Laver Cup organizers announced a free outdoor Fan Zone, ensuring the Laver Cup action is accessible to everyone when the event comes to The O2 in London next week.
Complete with the glass-enclosed Laver Cup Practice Court, Sponsor Village and Public Viewing area, the Fan Zone will be open at The O2 for the duration of the three-day tennis competition as well as for the pre-tournament Laver Cup Open Practice Day (September 22-25).
Entry to the Laver Cup Fan Zone is free and is a great way to experience the highly anticipated on-court action.
Fans will be able to:
- get up close to tennis superstars from Team Europe and Team World as they warm up on the iconic black Laver Cup Practice Court
- put their tennis skills to the test on the Laver Cup mini tennis courts
- pull up a deckchair or take a seat at the bar to enjoy watching the on-court action on an enormous LED screen
- capture memorable photo moments at Laver Cup installations including alongside the official Laver Cup team vehicles
- enjoy a drink at the bar and sample a variety of local and global street food available throughout the Fan Zone, and
- purchase Laver Cup apparel including limited edition items from sponsors Head, Uniqlo and On.
The Laver Cup Fan Zone will feature a range of immersive installations developed in collaboration with tournament sponsors, with visitors able to:
- tackle Switzerland Tourism’s interactive race through The Alps
- measure their speed of serve at the Cleveland Clinic speed of serve activation
- follow UPS’ very special delivery of Laver Cup’s iconic black court to The O2, and
- check out the all-electric luxury saloon cars from Mercedes-EQ.
Innovative and cutting-edge in format, style, and presentation, the Laver Cup sees rivals become teammates, presenting players as you’ve never seen them before. Laver Cup 2022 will see Casper Ruud, Rafael Nadal, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Roger Federer from Team Europe, compete against Team World’s Taylor Fritz, Felix Auger-Aliassime, Diego Schwartzman, Frances Tiafoe, Alex de Minaur and Jack Sock, with both sides captained by tennis legends Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe respectively.
For those wanting to be a little closer to the on-court action, tickets are still available for the Laver Cup Open Practice Day taking place from 12-2pm on Thursday September 22. All proceeds from the Laver Cup Open Practice Day will be donated to the Laver Cup’s charitable partners – Action for Children and the LTA Tennis Foundation.
The Laver Cup Fan Zone Open will be open and free to the public every day from Thursday September 22 to Sunday September 25, from 10.30am. The Practice Court will be open from Wednesday September 21 from 10.30am.
For more information on the Fan Zone, the Laver Cup or to purchase tickets to the Laver Cup Open Practice Day please visit: lavercup.com.
Laver Cup 2022 Fan Zone sponsor activations include:
- MERCEDES BENZ: Take a photograph with the EQS, the all-electric luxury saloons from Mercedes-EQ, featuring a unique combination of technology, design, functionality and connectivity, that will transport players and guests during Laver Cup 2022.
- HEAD: Pick up an exclusive, collectible piece from Head’s limited edition Laver Cup collection which includes rackets in the iconic Laver Cup blue and red of Team Europe and Team World and exclusive Laver Cup racket bags.
- On: Play backboard tennis for the chance to win fabulous prizes, capture a memento of your Laver Cup experience at the On photo booth, and purchase the limited edition Roger Advantage LC22 shoe.
- UPS Photo booth:Follow UPS’ very special delivery of match court to London’s O2 Arena, get up close to a replica of the Laver Cup’s iconic black court, and snap some action shots at the UPS infinity mirror.
- Switzerland Tourism’s Grand Tour of Switzerland: Tackle Switzerland Tourism’s interactive race through The Alps and learn more about the ultimate Swiss road trip; the 1,643km Grand Tour of Switzerland.
- Cleveland Clinic’s Serve Speed Measurement: Learn about Official Healthcare Provider Cleveland Clinic’s newly-opened, state-of-the-art London medical facility, and track your service speed at the speed serve activation.
- Rafa Nadal Academy: Learn how players of all ages and standards can raise their potential with the Rafael Nadal Academy’s range of professional training programs, camps and world class facilities.
- London Essence: Enjoy a selection of skillfully crafted luxury cocktails by London Essence, an exquisite premium mixers range made from the finest botanicals, to elevate your drinking experience at the London Essence Cocktail Bar & Lounge.